MILITARY ON THE INTERNET
- American Aces of World War Two - Site features brief biographies and combat stories of some of the high scoring U.S. fighter pilots of WWII.
- - Military and Law Enforcement Discount program to show our gratitude to all the men and women who have or are currently serving our country.
- Canadian Veterans Affairs - Historical accounts of WWI, WWII, Korean War
- DoD Almanac - This web site provides a variety of information and statistical material about the Department of Defense - its people, organization, equipment, and funding.
- DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
- DoD USS Cole Commission Report - Released on Jan, 9, 2001, the final report on the October 12 bombing of the USS Cole focuses on the additional steps needed to combat terrorism, including more timely transfers of intelligence reports
and better coordination among government agencies.
- - Daily online U.S. national defense news, including articles and photos on military systems.
- Defense POW/Missing Personnel Office - "The information assembled on the following pages is to assist readers in understanding the U.S. Government effort to achieve the fullest possible accounting of our missing in action -- from all wars."
- - information on veteran's of Desert Storm; free server space for Gulf War vets.
- DrugRehab.org: Addiction and Suicide Amongst Veterans: Finding Hope In The Darkness - "PTSD is one of the primary reasons veterans may turn to drugs or alcohol – as a coping mechanism to deal with the traumatic memories, feelings of depression, and anxiety resulting from PTSD."
- Employment Resources for Military Spouses - "Military spouses choose different types of employment to fit their lifestyle. Take the time to think about your personal and career goals. One thing is clear: no matter which career path you choose, there are resources to help reach your goal."
- - an alternative military web site. Includes a message board for Vietnam veterans, a spouse's corner, free classifieds, and edgy opinions on current military policy and actions.
- Fleet Reserve Association - "Our 76th year as the voice of enlisted sea service personnel FRA is the professional non-profit organization representing the interests of the Enlisted members of the United States Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard."
- G2mil - site provides information on military technology, weapons, tactics, future warfare, and military news.
- Guide to Buying and Keeping Your Home in the Military - "Owning your own home. It's the American dream, right? Well for people who are in the military, home ownership can be a bit more difficult to attain. The constant reality that you may have to move at any moment makes it difficult to really settle down. If you want to experience homeownership, here are some tips to help you make wise choices, even while embracing military living."
- Guide to Financial Assistance for Military Families - "Know your rights as an active duty member, veteran or spouse to military financial assistance programs for tuition, homeowners, daycare and more."
- Jane's Information Group
- Joint Electronic Library
- Justoffbase.com - "Your local guide to living off base."
- Kilroy Was Here - "WWII & Korean War Sites and Stories -- an attempt to find, catalog, publish and save remaining historic sites & memoirs."
- Library of Congress: Military Legal Resources
- Medal of Honor Citations - More than 3,400 Medals of Honor have been awarded since the decoration's creation in 1861. And now the U.S. Army Center of Military History makes the names and acts of bravery of these heroes available for the world to see.
- MERLN: Military Education and Research Library Network - "Offers the combined resources of the largest and most comprehensive collections of military information resources in the world."
- Mesothelioma Veterans Center - "Mesothelioma Veterans Center offers free support to veterans diagnosed with mesothelioma. Let our VA-accredited claims agents help you today!"
- Military Connections - Search a database containing locations of active-duty US military personnel. Military Connections is a registry-based site designed to help present and past military personnel and their families find each other and keep in touch. The site is free to members and offers an array of resources to help past and present military personel take advantage of their hard-earned military benefits.
- MilitaryFlightTests.com - "Here at Military Flight Tests, we are dedicated to helping future military officers pass their respective military flight aptitude tests to include the AFOQT, ASTB and the SIFT. We provide this assistance by giving you the best in free online practice tests for each of the flight tests. Click here to access your free ASTB Practice Test, SIFT Practice Test and the free AFOQT Practice Test."
- Military History Channel - "Discover the military history of our nation and our world with HD quality programming like never before experienced on tv."
- Military Records Request Info - a useful guide on obtaining military records.
- Military Records Search - Registration is required, but site is free and you do not have to be a veteran to access search results.
- Military Servicemembers Guide to Starting a Business - "QuickBooks Resource Center."
- - "Go from moving to moved. You’ve served our country, and now we want to serve you and make moving easy."
- RehabCenter.net: Find Rehab Centers Based On Your Needs - "RehabCenter.net -Your Portal to a New, Improved, Drug-Free Life Addiction can strike anyone, and when it does, you feel every part of your life is spinning out of control. RehabCenter.net is the Web's most comprehensive guide to quality rehab centers and addiction treatment. We offer free and confidential information about the many effective and empowering rehab options available today. At RehabCenter.net, you can read our library of educational articles on recovering from alcohol and drug abuse and many treatment and support options."
- Service Members Legal Rights While on Active Duty - "As a member of the military, you are called on to sacrifice constantly for the good of your country. As a "thank you" for that sacrifice, the United States government has enacted several laws designed to protect your rights. When you are called to active duty, you will find that a number of additional benefits are enforced that can make your time on duty a little easier, both for you and for your family left behind. Here's what you need to know about your rights when you head overseas in service to our country."
- Sesame Street for Military Families - "Explore military parenting advice and tips to find information on self-expression, positive parenting, and answers to common concerns of Military families."
- Soldier Packages - "Sending special "care" packages to our hospitalized veterans and our troops overseas. Providing mailing addresses to send a soldier or Maine a package. Send us an address and we'll send your soldier or Marine a great package."
- Selective Service System
- Shear Comfort Military Discount - "Are you in the military or have veteran status? Thank you for your service! We are offering all current and former military personnel a discount on our products."
- - Stars and Stripes is a Department of Defense-authorized daily newspaper distributed overseas for the U.S. military community.
- The Soldiers Family - "Care Package Ideas for Soldiers, College Students and those in the Hospital."
- Tips for Your Next PCS Move - "Did you know the average military family moves every 2-3 years? In fact, estimates have found that military families relocate 2.5 times more often than civilian families. Whether it's your first move or your fifteenth, it's always good to have a little bit of help to prepare for the process ahead. We want to help you with the process ahead, so your move will go as smoothly as possible. Here are some tips to help you with the process of your next military move."
- U.S. Army Center of Military History - "The US Army Center of Military History's Historical Resources Branch manages the reference facilities needed to support the Center's professional staff in carrying out their official responsibilities. It is internally organized into a small technical library, an archival collection, and the facilities to support the Center's home page."
- U.S. Central Command
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - "The US Department of Veterans Affairs provides patient care and federal benefits to veterans and their dependents. The home page for the Department of Veterans Affairs provides links to veterans benefits and services, as well as information and resources for other Departmental programs and offices."
- USMilitary.com - "Official source for US military jobs, careers, information, and much more. Compare Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and National Guard careers! "
- U.S. Uniform Code of Military Justice
- VeteranAid.org - "The Veterans Aid and Attendance (A&A) Pension provides benefits that reduce the cost of care for veterans and surviving spouses who require assisted living."
- Veteran Benefits for Seniors - "As Veterans age, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will provide benefits and services that address a variety of issues including the changing health risks they face, as well as financial challenges through VA benefits and health services."
- VeteransNewsNow - "Military Veteran News and Information."
- Vet Friends.com - "The one source for finding your verteran and military friends."
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Vietnam Veterans Home Page
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall Page - The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall Page is dedicated to honoring those who died in the Vietnam War and to providing a place for healing. Site contains a searchable database of over 58,000 names.
- - archive of original sources (with speeches, diaries, and photos), and an index of links, are organized both by topic and by war.